After School Clubs
The Montessori Children's House of Hyde Park is excited to offer a variety of enriching extracurricular activities. In keeping with the high standards of Montessori Children's House of Hyde Park, we have sought out top franchises and educators to host these clubs for our students.
After School Clubs Descriptions:
Art Club: (Ages: 6 & up) - Imagine, create and explore the world of art! Join us as we delve into the world of art, experimenting with mediums such as watercolor, pastels and acrylic paint. We will develop and grow our skills in drawing, color theory and design. At the end of the course, parents and guests will be invited to our grand finale art show filled with masterpieces from our very own students!
Tennis Club: (2 Clubs for Different Ages: Club #1: Ages 4 through 7; Club #2: Ages: Lower Elementary & up) - Learn the fundamentals of tennis. Play with a partner and rotate among friends. All equipment (rackets, balls, nets) will be provided. Individual skills, foot movement, hand-eye coordination, arm strength and agility will be emphasized. Love, Deuce, Ace and more!
Soccer Club: (2 Clubs for Different Ages: Club #1: Ages: 3 through 6; Club #2: Ages: 6 through 9) - We utilize creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation. This club focuses on individual skills, fitness and sportsmanship.
Young Engineers Club: (Ages: Lower Elementary & up) - Integrate theoretical material and scientific principles into a LEGO based project. Encourage creative and inventive thinking. Learn angles, physics, gravity and turn into a young engineer!
Little Actors Drama Club: (Ages: 3-6 years) - Students will learn clear, confident, and expressive communication, and use theatre games and activities within a 30 minute class to turn each student into a brave and creative child. The students will perform a show for their parents at the end of the semester.
Mad Science Club: (Ages: 6 & up) - In this exciting program students will have the opportunity to explore the exciting topics of matter, energy & engineering. They will investigate the different states of matter, learn all about chemical reactions and make a functioning catapult! Students will unravel how electricity is produced and investigate light and lasers. All sessions include exciting hands-on experiments and cool take homes.
Dance Combo Club: (Ages: 3 though 6) - An upbeat class for boys and girls who love to shake it. Dancers will explore multiple styles of dance including Hip Hop, Ballet, Jazz and Acro. Imaginations come to life as dancers use props, such as scarves, hula hoops and top hats to learn how to express themselves creatively. Dancers will shine as they are taught a variety of choreographed dances. At the end of the semester, parents are invited to a special performance by our students.
Chess Club: (Ages: Lower Elementary & Up) - Learn great openings, winning strategies and all the tools required to excel at Chess. Learn patience, focus, and discipline. Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the habits and training required to win. Play among your friends. Strategize!
Yoga Club: (Ages: 4 through 7) - Combining the active practice of yoga and the calming practice of meditation, we give students a real toolbox to use every day to succeed! Yoga positively affects academic performance and social skills such as making friends, developing compassion and managing stress. Move your body, have fun and reduce anxiety!
After School Club Guidelines:
Our After School Clubs are held at convenient times, in the safety of our own premises, and at low rates.
- After school clubs typically start at 3 pm and last 60 minutes. The Little Actors Drama Club will last 30 minutes per session.
- All clubs will meet once per week and will last the entire semester (12-15 sessions during the fall semester).
- All clubs are limited in size. We will restrict all indoor clubs to a maximum of 10 students each.
- All clubs will be filled on a first come basis and many of them fill up quickly.
- Clubs will be cancelled if we do not get enough student interest to fill the minimum number of slots required by the instructors for each club.
- Our Primary Morning Friends are ineligible for clubs.
After School Club Fee Policy:
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 per club per student is required at the time of registration. This deposit will be applied towards the cost of the club. Club deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You will be charged for the entire club, once the club begins. There will be no refunds after the club begins.
- There will be no refunds after the club begins, unless the club is cancelled. At that time, all club fees will be refunded on a pro-rated basis, for any weeks that are cancelled.
- There will be no refunds if a child drops up mid semester.
After School Club Calendar - Spring 2021 - Revised
In addition to our current programs, we are always evaluating new offerings that are of interest to our students. Please don't hesitate to contact us with programs that your children would like to see added to our list.